A downloadable experience for Windows and macOS
Winner of "Player’s Choice Award" iFEST 2019
Winner of "Audience Choice: Best In Show" RPI Gamefest 2015
Keyboard Kommander is a fast-paced typing game - "Mario Teaches Typing meets Grand Theft Auto 2" and "[Keyboard Kommander mode being] the Dark Souls of typing tutors" - that expands on Typing of the Dead with RPG and RTS elements.
In our constantly-evolving early access "Arcade Mode," you play as The Keyboard Kommander, defending your base each night from hordes of post-apocalyptic zombies and mutants. The better you type, the more coins you get to spend on better weapons and attributes to build up your base. How many nights can you survive?
There are five difficulty modes available that we're constantly refining based on player feedback. These range from the easiest Keyboard Kadet mode, which helps players practice familiarity with their keyboards, all the way up to Keyboard Kommander mode, built specifically to give programmers and skilled typists a challenge!
The Keyboard Kommander's motto:
"I just want to make people not be miserable in their 8th grade typing classes!"
- Keyboard Kommander now has five totally reworked modes!
- Rebalanced difficulty modes.
- Health and stun status bars.
- Reduced on-screen clutter.
- Item pickup simplification.
- DRONE strikes.
- Changed to FMOD from Wwise.
- Added audio muting button.
- Zombie specializations.
- Playable Credits Mode.
- Decreased build size.
- Cleared out bugs.
- And a new Patreon!
This mode will have many of features that were requested by teachers and gamers alike at our PAX SIX 2018 presentation. Everything from adding in your own custom dictionaries, switching between other languages, and many more!
This mode will begin as a tutorial that will develop into a fun, fantastic, and fully-engaging narrative that tells of how the Orthographimancer plunged the world into ApoKeylypse, and how the Kommandos will stop this evil force! We can't say much more, or the Orthographimancer might catch on!
Keep your fingers on the home-row because it's about to get ApoKeylyptic!
Unzip the file and run the executable - and do it using only your keyboard, otherwise you can never be a keyboard kommander.
- iFEST: Behind The Scenes of Demoing63 days ago
- Winner of "Player’s Choice Award" iFEST 201976 days ago
- 6 Best PC Typing Games 201977 days ago
- Keyboard Kommander iFest Build!83 days ago
- Keyboard Kommander Lexicography89 days ago
- Prepare for iFest!97 days ago
- Keyboard Kommander Fan Discord!Mar 31, 2019
- FMOD, Multiplayer, Endless Mode, and More!Dec 10, 2018