A downloadable experience for Windows
Winner of "Audience Choice: Best In Show" RPI Gamefest 2015
Keyboard Kommander is a fast-paced typing game like Mario Teaches Typing meets Grand Theft Auto 2 that expands on Typing of the Dead with RPG and RTS elements.
In our constantly-evolving early access "Arcade Mode," you play as The Keyboard Kommander, defending your base each night from hordes of post-apocalyptic zombies and mutants. The better you type, the more coins you get to spend on better weapons and attributes to build up your base.
There are five difficulty modes available. These range from easier modes that can help with familiarity to typing all the way up to Keyboard Kommander mode, built specifically to give programmers and skilled typists a challenge!
How many nights can you survive?
Oktober 2018 Updates!
- Pumpkin variants for zombies!
- New rager zombies will speed up attacks when the player makes a typo!
- Various bug fixes to increase stability!
- For more information, check KeyboardKommander.com!
This mode will have plenty of features that were recently requested at our recent PAX SIX 2018 presentation. Everything from adding in your own custom dictionaries, switching between other languages, and many more!
This mode will be a tutorial/fully-engaging narrative that tells the story of how the Orthographimancer plunged the Keyboard Kommander's world into ApoKeylypse and how he and his kadre of kommandos will stop this evil force!
|Updated||1 hour ago|
|Authors||keyboardkommander, RajasNag, cloudhero, Elementalist333, zvardin, Dennis Bestafka|
|Genre||Action, Educational, Shooter|
|Tags||2D, Comedy, satire, Singleplayer, Strategy RPG, typing, weird, Zombies|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Unzip the file and run the executable - and do it using only your keyboard, otherwise you can never be a keyboard kommander.
- Upcoming SPOOK-tober update!44 days ago
- Seattle Indies Expo Announcement!Aug 04, 2018
- Sound update 7/20/18Jul 20, 2018
- New update! (5/30/18)May 31, 2018
- This is the Keyboard KommanderMay 13, 2018
- Audio Implementation Log with Wwise, Wdennis & Wwill.Apr 08, 2018
- Early Access Launch!Mar 20, 2018
- Devlogs should be more fun (Will had a nightmare about the Mac build not working...Feb 28, 2018