A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Winner of "Audience Choice: Best In Show" RPI Gamefest 2015.
Think you've got what it takes to survive the ApokeyLypse?
Keyboard Kommander is a fast-paced action-packed typing game in which the player must fight off a horde of post apocalyptic Zombies and Mutants in order to defend his or her fort.
For the first time ever Keyboard Kommander combines intense technical RPG elements with the visceral and fast-paced action of a typing tutor. Keyboard Kommander Apokeylypse is an action RPG typing tutor.
- Type the words over the zombies to shoot at them (hit space at the end of each word)
- Type the word by your fort to recharge your weapons
- Hit + to power up your weapons (More damage more energy consumption)
- Hit - to power down your weapons (less damage less energy consumption)
- Switch weapons with the number keys (after you've bought more weapons)
Developer Note: I'm always looking for feedback. If you've got a feature request feel free to post it in the community message boards.
Features in Development:
- New Enemy AI's
- UI improvements
- Time Machines (get excited)
- High Score tables
- Story Mode
- More Upgrades
|Published||Sep 21, 2015|
|Tags||Comedy, Education, satire, Shooter, Strategy RPG, tactical-typing-tutor, tell-me-im-the-keyboard-kommander, typing, weird, Zombies|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Unzip the file and run the executable - and do it using only your keyboard, otherwise you can never be a keyboard kommander.
- 12-10-17 devlog6 days ago
- Abridged Dev Log (with bits of shallow personality injection)57 days ago
- New Build Devlog76 days ago
- 9-10-17 changes98 days ago
- New Level AddedAug 13, 2017
- Gameplay balancingAug 08, 2017
- UI ChangesAug 04, 2017
- Balance is very very hardAug 03, 2017